Sunday, July 21, 2013

Authentic Thai at Basil

I have said it before and I'll say it again:

 I LOVE THAI FOOD!!! 

Which is why I was thrilled that we had dinner at Basil, a lush and uniquely designed Thai restaurant located near White Plains.

Stepping inside Basil transported me to a tropical resort.. its relaxing vibe made it a perfect place to unwind and catch up with old friends.
IMG_4136


IMG_4135




IMG_4134

We ordered a mix of traditional and not so traditional Thai dishes:
IMG_4105
Fresh Spring Rolls (220php)
Fresh and light. 

IMG_4111
Pomelo Salad (295php)
I love coconut milk so this was a winner for me.

IMG_4107
Crispy Fish with Green Mango (325php)
Familiar flavors that hit the spot.

IMG_4114
Pad Thai (325php)
Not a fan of Pad Thai in general but friends appreciated Basil's version.

IMG_4110
Tom Yum Soup (298php)
Authentic stock with generous serving of seafood.

IMG_4116
Thai Bagoong Rice (295php)
I've never had a bad plate of bagoong rice because I just love it so much.

IMG_4121
Fish with Three Flavor Sauce (750php)
One of Basil's bestsellers. It's crunchy outside and soft inside with sweet, spicy, and sour flavors. 

IMG_4123
Lemongrass Steak (495php)
The only dish I didn't care for. Average steak. 

IMG_4122
Pork Ribs with Honey (235php)
Oh-so-tender! Wished the portion was bigger.

IMG_4118
Creamy Pork Curry (325php)
Would have preferred if the curry was spicier.

IMG_4125
Coconut Ice Cream (95php)
Did I mention that I love everything with coconut milk?

IMG_4126
Thai Halo-halo (165php)
I still prefer the Pinoy version.

IMG_4127
Mango Sticky Rice (130php)
A Thai meal isn't complete without Mango Sticky Rice. 

Happy that I can add Basil to the short list of authentic Thai restaurants here in the Philippines. 

Basil is located at White Plains Ave cor Katipunan Avenue Ugong Norte, Quezon City. For more information, call 911-4158.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...