Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Tai Hing at Food Republic

I was recently back in Hong Kong where I was unable to fully unleash the glutton in me. yey!!! This is the 4th of 5 parts.

We had lunch at Food Republic while on a break hunting for the cheapest bargains available at Citygate Outlets. 

Food Republic is a food court chain operated by the BreadTalk group and it offers cuisine from all over the world. American, Korean, Indian, Thai, Vietnamese, Taiwanese, and good old Chinese food can be found here.



One can truly get overwhelmed with the wide variety of choices available in Food Republic but I already had my stomach set for Tai Hing.



Tai Hing is a fast food chain that has over 40 branches in HK and Mainland China. The Hong Kong Tourism Board has dubbed Tai Hing as having "5-Star Barbecued Meats." Predictably, I went for the board's recommendation.

Chicken and Goose Rice (46HKD)
Oh-so-ordinary! Unfortunate really, given the many options I gave up to have this.

Lesson Learned: Never believe in the Hong Kong Tourism Board again!

And oh, I spotted  Singapore's popular Sergeant Chicken Rice at Food Republic though I have to say I'm not a fan.  


Food Republic has branches in Hong Kong, Mainand China, Singapore, and Malaysia. For more information,  click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...