Sunday, June 12, 2011

Never Say Never with Din Tai Fung

I was recently back in Hong Kong where I was unable to fully unleash the glutton in me. yey!!! This is the 2nd of 5 parts.

Much to my regret, I didn’t have time during this trip to go on a food spree.

Case in point was having my first meal at a restaurant which I swore to never visit again in Hong Kong.

Promises, as they say,  are meant to be broken and I was no longer surprised to find myself back in Din Tai Fung as it was very near Rosedale on the Park.


Causeway Bay branch


Xiao Long Bao

I need to try DTF xiao long baos from other countries soon to see how it compares.


Mixed Vegetables
Even the vegetable loving people from the group didn't like this. Everyone only managed a spoonful as they said that the flavors were too weird.


Drunken Chicken

I'd trade this for chicken from any random stall in Jordan.


Fried Rice with Eggs and Shrimp
Eggs were perfectly cooked.

Fried Rice with Egg and Pork Chop
A bit under-seasoned for my liking.

Braised Beef Noodle Soup
Beef is tender but soup lacks the rich comforting flavors I long for.


Shrimp and Pork Wonton Noodle
Fresh dumplings stole the show.

As I no longer want to promise, I can only hope that this really is the last time I eat at Ding Tai Fung Hong Kong.

Din Tai Fung has two branches in Hong Kong. For more information, click here.

3 comments:

domjullian said...

burp! nabusog na ko sa tingin. yum!

kelly said...

Not really a fan of Ding Tai Fung either. I have had them in the orginial Taipei store, in Shanghai, in NYC when they traveled there as a promotion, and in HK(many times).

I never really want to go but it is mostly other people. Cannot say that I am a fan of their xiao long bao, I like Crystal Jade's better.

Check out my review: http://thehungryegghead.com/2012/02/15/ding-tai-fung-鼎泰豐-hong-kong/

Glutton Is Me said...

Glad to know I'm not alone.

Thanks for the link. Enjoyed reading your entries. I'll try some of the restaurants you blogged about next time I'm in HK!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...