Monday, November 29, 2010

Airplane Food with Cathay Pacific

I was recently in Hong Kong. Get to know what Hong Kong has to offer through my adventure.  This is the 1st of 14 parts.

Let’s kick-off the Hong Kong series with airplane food.

Murtle and I flew to Hong Kong via Cathay Pacific.

Our flight to Hong Kong was at the ungodly hour of 05:30 am and this is the food tray the airline served for breakfast:

Surprise, Surprise

It was a...

Ham Sandwich
Tasted better than it looked. Very filling and did its job of giving me the energy I needed to start the day. It was also nice that it was still warm when I took my first bite.


Fresh Fruits
While these were sweet, I passed most of the fruits to Murtle as I wasn’t comfortable eating fruits that early in the morning. Would have preferred chips or chocolates.

On our way back to Manila, we chose the last flight out of Hong Kong (10:00pm), so only light snack was served.

Pork Bun
A bit burned but was still tasty. Bread was light and fluffy indicating that this was freshly baked. Asado in a bun that one would think was bought straight from a local Hong Kong bakery as the flavors were authentic.

Also, when flying Cathay Pacific, don’t forget to have tea as Murtle said that it was very good.

Coffee, Tea, or Milk?

While nothing was remarkable, Cathay Pacific certainly delivered in serving decent filling meals to keep weary passengers like me satisfied.

Visit http://www.cathaypacific.com/ to book a flight.

2 comments:

JLDC said...

i must agree with you.. Cathay PAcific food was great. i had to experience CP fly when i went to Dubai.. food was great.. Cheers!

i♥pinkc00kies said...

in fairness their food is good. my fave is the meals served in singapore airlines or thai airways!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...