Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Ye Dang Minority

I’ve heard from a lot of people that Ye Dang offers good Korean food. Since its location is not really convenient to where I live, it was only recently that I was finally able to try this popular Korean restaurant in Ortigas.

Overall Look of Ye Dang

The meal started with free appetizers:

We were very hungry so I didn’t have time to take individual pictures of the appetizers. Some were good (vegetable pancakes, potatoes) but I was disappointed with the dilis as it was not as sweet and crunchy as I would have liked it to be.



Taegi Kalbi or Grilled Pork Spare Ribs (250php)
Tough to chew as it was overcooked. It was as if we were eating rubber. Such a waste as the flavors were good.


Dak-Kui or Grilled Chicken (250php)
The chicken thankfully turned out tender and had a distinct Korean taste which everyone in the table loved.


Yukgaejang or Soup of Chopped Beef w/ Various Condiments (250php)
Too spicy though we already requested for the kitchen to temper the spice level. Didn’t enjoy this at all.


Japchae or Noodle with Chopsuey (300php)
 Japchae is my favourite Korean dish and I loved the consistency of Ye Dang’s noodles. It was, however, lacking in flavor and just had a few meat pieces.


Ojing-o Bokkum or Spicy Pan Fried Squid with Vegetables (300php)
 The dish I loved the most. Squid was very fresh and the spice level was perfect.



Bolsot Bibimbap or Vegetable Hash Rice in Hot Stone Bowl (250php)
Last minute order which proved to be another favorite. Make sure to wait a few seconds before mixing the rice with the vegetables as the tutong (burnt rice) was to die for.


While Ye Dang had winners, my best bet for Korean food is still Korean Village in Malate.

Diners should also be careful as my table companions had trouble sleeping after eating at Ye Dang. They coughed non-stop later that night and suspected that the food served at Ye Dang had too much MSG.

Yedang Korean BBQ Restaurant is located at 88 Meralco Ave., Pasig City. For more information call 636-1461.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...