Friday, March 25, 2011

A Taste of Singapore at Wee Nam Kee

I had my doubts when I first heard that Wee Nam Kee was opening in Manila.

But just like everyone else, I braved the long lines to give this import from Singapore a try.





A trip to Wee Nam Kee isn’t complete without ordering their specialty, Hainanese chicken.
Steamed Chicken Medium (488php)
Close enough to the flavors found in Singapore. Better than most white chicken served in Manila. Chicken is soft and has the right amount of fat.


On a different occasion, I ordered the chicken combination to try the roasted version:
Chicken Combination (248php)  
The roasted chicken didn't taste any different from the steamed variety.


Ginger.Soy.Chili
No chicken should be eaten without a dip in ginger or soy sauce.



Chicken Rice (40php) 
Very flavorful. I don't eat rice but I managed to eat an entire bowl of chicken rice on my own.



Cereal Prawns (375php)
Another Wee Nam Kee must-try. Not oily and I love the generous coating of cereal each prawn had. The cereal coating is especially addicting.


Steamed Prawns with Garlic Sauce (375php)  
I love the strong garlic flavors.


Salt and Pepper Squid (250php)
Fresh and light. Nothing out of the ordinary though.

Wee Nam Kee doesn't disappoint, giving us, Manila residents, a taste of Singaporean cuisine.

Wee Nam Kee is located at Ayala Triangle Gardens Ayala Avenue Makati.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...