Monday, August 9, 2010

Death to SSC’s Shawarma



Shawarma Snack Center (SSC) is a popular authentic Mediterranean hole in the wall in Ermita which I’ve tried a few years ago. I remember the experience being quite enjoyable, spartan surroundings notwithstanding. This is why I got excited when I saw a stall of Shawarma Snack Center just outside the supermarket of Robinson’s Place Manila. What a convenient way to satisfy a shawarma craving or so I thought.


The stall only offers a limited menu of either beef or chicken shawarma, with an option of combining the two. Being averse to veggies, I ordered an All-Beef Special (with cheese) for 65php.

One look at my shawarma and I knew that it wouldn’t be any good. The shawarma looked unappetizing and the beef looked puny compared to the pita bread. What’s worse is that it not only lacked value but was also short in taste. Salt completely enveloped my palate at first bite. It also didn’t help that a generous amount of oil was dripping from the bottom of the shawarma, making it extra unhealthy. Talk about a double whammy! I quit eating after a few mouthfuls because it was just unbelievably bad. Definitely one of the worst I’ve tried in years. Skip this stall and head to Osama’s instead for a more enjoyable shawarma experience.

P.S. Last weekend, I went to Robinson's Place Manila and found out that the stall has already closed! Why am I not surprised?


Shawarma Snack Center was just outside the supermarket of Robinson’s Place Ermita. Pedro Gil corner Adriatico St., Ermita, Manila.

2 comments:

Ramsmeister said...

Ssc numba one!

Ramsmeister said...

Lumipat lang po sila location few steps away lang 😁 malakas parin ssc at masarap parin 👍👍👍

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...